How does one respond to such honor? How would one repay the person bestowing the honor? And how, how, how does one recover what he thought he knew about grammar and spelling rules?
A simple answer: one does not. There is no escaping the Amazeballs award with your blog or your straight A’s in spelling intact. As if that weren’t enough, it comes with a picture.
This was recently made by NevilleFan, a teenage blogger of my acquaintance, at The Teenage Writer. I have never been among the first to be awarded a blog award, and am suitably honored. (All of my past pain felt from awards has almost gone, so I can say stuff like that without being sarcastic.) As always, rewards are restricting and, some would say, evil– they all have rules. (Quickest way to identify a very very bad guy: he has standards and rules.) Here they are, in all of their evil glory:
- You must link to the blog you received the award from.
- You must answer all the questions.
- You must pass it onto at least one other Amazeballs Blogger, the more the merrier.
- You must remember to tell the recipients that you nominated them!!! Whether by commenting on their blogs, PMing them if you know them on a different site, etc. Those’re the rules!!!
- You must be amazeballs!!!
- What are your favorite song lyrics? Huh… Could we count the audible counting from the bass section during a few parts of Beethoven’s Sixth? No? Blast. Hmmm… I really don’t have favorite lyrics. Sorry.
- What is your favorite book/book series? Well, that’s hard to answer, because it hasn’t been written yet. Eventually it’s going to be the best book I’ve ever written… but I haven’t written it yet. Conceited, you might say, but I say optimistic. Other than that, however, I’d say it’s the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan that holds my favor currently. Though that might not be so… It might be something of Cornelia Funke’s, and still yet might be something else. My mind isn’t the clearest right now; all of the books I’ve just read are telling me that they’re the best.
- What is your favorite movie/TV series? Again, this will change in the next minute, but right now it’s Mission: Impossible– Ghost Protocol. It’s the best schooling on plot twists I’ve had in a while.
- Who inspires you? No idea. At all. My family is great, but they don’t inspire me (no offense). All the authors I like are great, but they don’t inspire me. I have no idea who inspires me.
- What is your dream job? Don’t you think it would be obvious? I want to write.
I’m sorry that those answers weren’t too satisfactory. Preferences are always whimsical and ever-changing as the winds– winds blown from contrary sources with a jittery hand on the speed control.
Now. The nominations, as there always are. I’ll try not to nominate anyone who hasn’t accepted the last award I sent out, because their awesomeness severely diminished after that.
The Totally Insane Writer– Another thoroughly enjoyable writer: Seana J. Vixen. Many a book review from her has caused me to spend a couple days of my quality time waiting for them to arrive at my library. Please, just stop.
Heroic Endeavors– because even if she attracts millions of cello fans to my blog every day who all seem to want to kill me, she’s still great.
…And a new one, Notebook Sisters– by two writers, Mime and and Cait, who seem to have an abundance of blog memes to fill their blog with.
I’ll go with three today. Just three. That last award asked for fifteen bloggers– I’ve got to let them all rest.
I’ll go nominate now.